Dr. M. Abu Eusuf is holding the position of Professor & Chairman in the Department of Development Studies at the University of Dhaka. He is the Director of „Centre on Budget and Policy‟ at the University of Dhaka. Eusuf is an economist by training. He was awarded Ph.D. in Development Economics from the University of Manchester as a Commonwealth Scholar. He also completed his MA in Development Studies at the Institute of Social Studies (ISS), Netherlands, under the UNFPA fellowship program. Eusuf has been an active member of the Bangladesh Economic Association. His fields of interest include poverty, international trade, budget, green growth, social protection, women entrepreneurship development, community health etc. He has published a number of research articles in the reputed journals/books. Eusuf is an active researcher and has worked for UNDP; World Bank; EU, Center on the Budget and Policy Priorities, USA; University of Manchester, The Asia Foundation, Bangladesh Planning Commission, Consumer Unity and Trust Society (CUTS) International, India; ActionAid Bangladesh, Care Bangladesh, Oxfam, World Vision and so on.
Some Recent Works:
- Working as OBI Country Researcher to prepare a conduct Open Budget Survey 2017: Bangladesh Part for International Budget Project, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Washington, USA, from April 2016 to April 2018.
- Working as an Economist with the research project on Promoting Inclusive Growth in Bangladesh through Special Economic Zones‟, at the Center on Budget and Policy, University of Dhaka with the support from ODI, London from August to January 2018.
- Worked as a National Consultant (Economist) with a research project on Financial Empowerment of Vulnerable Street and Working Children/Youth with Institute for Inclusive Finance and Development (InM), October 2016 to September 2017.
- Worked as a National Consultant (Economist) with a research project on Impact Assessment of UZGP and UPGP‟ implemented by Department of Public Administration, University of Dhaka and UNDP, Dhaka , June 2016 to June 2017.
- Worked as a National Consultant for UNDP Bangladesh to conduct Diagnostic Study of Entrepreneurship Programme from October 26 to November 29, 2015.
- Worked as a National Consultant for UNDP Bangladesh for Developing Capacity Development Framework for Local Government Institutions (LGIs) during November 1, 2015 to 31 April 2016.
Eusuf has also prepared various research papers as a lead-author on "Case Study on Greening Readymade Garments Sector: Incentive Analysis of Various Stakeholders”, “The Shared Roles of the Central Bank and Commercial Banks in Promoting Innovative Financing Models for Women-led SMEs”, collaborative research papers prepared by the Center on Budget and Policy, University of Dhaka with the support from the Asia Foundation.